Cameraman & Video Editor
My name is Kamran Mirza and I live in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
I am a cameraman and a video editor. I have my own company named Diplomat Video Productions. I also am part of the dynamic team of Why Not 3 as well as Lightning Video Editors. Since I manage both the camera and the editing it gives me a profound control of production & post-production.
- As a video editor, you need to understand the tone of the story. It’s a video symphony with many components that come together. You’ve got music, sound effects, shot selection, color grading, video effects, and music. In other words, if video editing is a symphony, I’m a master composer.
- I have done video editing for news channels, corporate videos, wedding movies, and documentaries.
- I can visualize myself working through storyboards with clients, on set making sure every shot is set up for a good edit, in the editing studio analyzing the footage, and creating a moving and influential masterpiece.
A Man of Many Talents
I add my own personal touch on video production and editing by nature of my skills. I believe video editors should have a certain skill set that prepares them for awesomeness.
Here are the things I’ve decided are key.
- A great video depends on patience during production and editing.
- Communication skills. It’s a no-brainer.
- Thick skin. Editors have a significant amount of power. They determine what stays and what gets cut. If you’re and editor, you have to be prepared to stand up for what you believe in since the production can very well depend on it.
- As you may know, timing is everything in editing. Whether it’s the timing of a transition or the pacing of your story, it can severely affect the result of your production. This is even more apparent for those editing live, where too many mistakes are just not acceptable.
- Being able to understand people and how they convey emotion is essential to creating a great story from start to finish. Without the right emotions, a project can never reach its full potential.
For me, Video Editing is more than pushing buttons! It’s telling Stories! The idea behind video editing is half passion and half technique. First I focus on the technique by cutting out that what I don’t need. After that, I use my 15 years of experience and feeling to make a nice story.
Working with the Why Not 3 and Lightning Video Editors has given me an opportunity to expand my horizon and contribute to the interesting projects that I am offered here.
© COPYRIGHT KAMRAN MIRZA / ALL RIGHTS RESERVED